The Triune of Organization. Any organized structure is a triunity having three necessary factors, namely intelligence, matter and the force which unites them.
Universal Expression. Force is manifested as organization in matter; all matter has organization, therefore there is universal intelligence expressed in all matter.
No Organization Without the Effort of Force. Matter can have no organization without the application of force by intelligence.
The Principle of Time. All processes require time.
Cause and Effect. Every effect has a cause and every cause has effects.
The Major Premise. There is a universal intelligence in all matter, continuously giving to it all its properties and actions, thus maintaining it in existence, and giving this intelligence its expression.
There are 33 guiding principals that are taught at all chiropractic schools. These principals are the basis for the chiropractic paradigm and philosophy. This is the basis for chiropractic treatment and teachings. It is also what leaded to the different way in which chiropractors treat and view disease. Many of the principals apply to more than chiropractic and and hint at an understanding of universal intelligence. Is life random or is there a designee under all of the apparent randomness. These principals do not answers these questions but do hint at the answers to these questions, read on.
One of the most important things as a Chiropractor is to connect with the “Why” of what we do.
This leaves several questions to be answered. Why Chiropractic? Why do you deliver the Chiropractic Adjustment? What can Chiropractic do for me as a patient? What can Chiropractic do for me as a doctor? For MD and DO’s can chiropractic help me serve my patients better? Do chiropractors only treat neck and back pain? Why can chiropractic help when nothing else has helped?
As a Principled Chiropractor, the answers to these questions can all be easily answered by the 33 Principles set forth in Chiropractic. This is as much my connection with the Principle of Chiropractic as it’s a guide to help you connect with what Chiropractic really is. Chiropractic Philosophy cannot exist without the subluxation, otherwise it’s just anybody’s philosophy.
THE UNIVERSAL PRINCIPLES
1. The Major Premise… A Universal Intelligence is in all matter and continually gives to it all it’s properties and actions, thus maintaining it in existence. (I consider this Universal Intelligence to be the power that controls the universe and gives life and without LIFE you cease to exist. The difference between you and a pile of dust is LIFE, or Universal Intelligence.)
2. The Chiropractic Meaning of Life… The expression of this Intelligence through matter is the Chiropractic meaning of Life. (I really see this as LIFE. Chiropractic or not, failure to express Universal Intelligence through self is the opposite of LIFE, it’s DEATH. From the day we’re born, we are on a journey of Intelligent expression to the point of no expression. Chiropractic is the key to fully expressing LIFE throughout the journey.)
3. The Union of Intelligence and Matter… Life is necessarily the UNION of Intelligence and Matter. (In other words, LIFE occurs when your spirit unites with your physical being. A breakdown of the connection between Universal Intelligence and your body is caused by Subluxation.)
4. The Triune of Life… Life is a Triunity having 3 necessary united factors, namely: Intelligence, Force, and Matter. (Mind, Body, and Spirit. Life cannot occur without the the connection between Intelligence, Force, and Matter. Chiropractic looks beyond the mechanistic view of simply Matter and considers the Triune of Life to be vitally important. Life is more than the sum of its parts)
5. The Perfection of the Triune… In order to have 100% LIFE, there must be 100% Intelligence, 100% Force, 100% Matter. (100% expression of LIFE can only be accomplished when connection of the Triune of Life is 100%. An ADJUSTMENT is one way to facilitate the proper connection of the Triune of Life and hence, the expression of LIFE.)
6. The Principle of Time… There is no process that does not require time.(The breakdown of LIFE takes time. Reconnecting the LIFE Force takes time. This goes beyond Chiropractic and the body. The important thing is that you’re willing to put in the time.)
7. The Amount of Intelligence in Matter… The amount of Intelligence for any given amount of Matter is 100%, and is always proportional to it’s requirements. (This is somewhat of an abstract concept. There is 100% Intelligence for a heart or lungs that’s functioning at 100%. If, however, the heart and lungs requires less, the amount of Intelligence will proportionally become lower.)
8. The Function of Intelligence… The function of Intelligence is to create Force. (Universal Intelligence drives Force. Without this Intelligence, Force would be powerless.)
9. The Amount of Force Created by Intelligence… The amount of Force created by Intelligence is always 100%. (The amount of Universal Intelligence that flows into us is always 100% and cannot be any less.)
10. The Function of Force… The function of Force is to Unite Intelligence and Matter. (I look at Force as the Brain and Nervous System. It’s the connector of Spirit and Body. Without it, LIFE would not exist and with it, LIFE is beautiful.)
11. The Character of Universal Forces… The Forces of Universal Intelligence are manifested by physical laws; are unswerving and unadapted, and have no solicitude for the structures in which they work.(Universal Intelligence does not discriminate. The expression of Universal Intelligence has nothing to do with the structure it’s being expressed through. The liver, heart, tongue, and big toe all have equal opportunity to express Universal Intelligence.)
12. Interference with Transmission of Universal Forces… There can be Interference with Transmission of Universal Forces. (Subluxation is the Interference of Transmission. Nothing else can Interfere with the Transmission of Universal Forces. Chiropractors are the ONLY people on earth who can reduce and eliminate the Interference that connects Universal Intelligence with Matter, or the Power that made the body with the Body.)
13. The Function of Matter… The Function of Matter is to Express Force.(The purpose of the heart is to beat (function) in order to express LIFE (force). The purpose of the muscles of the middle finger are to flip the bird to the mechanistic doers (function) in order to express dissatisfaction with the medical mindset (force). lol)
14. Universal Life… Force is manifested by motion in Matter; all Matter has motion, therefore there is Universal Life in all Matter. (Motion is simply the expression of Universal Intelligence, so every Motion is a manifestation of Universal Life. It would stand to reason that the expression of a bad choice would have to be due to Subluxation and the Interference of fully expressing Universal Intelligence and LIFE.)
THE BIOLOGICAL PRINCIPLES
15. No Motion without the Effort of Force… Matter can have no Motion without the application of Force by Intelligence. (Since “everything” has Universal Intelligence, it’s the Force that allows for Expression through Matter. The difference between being alive and dead, is the Force. You will always have Universal Intelligence and you will always have Matter, but the difference between being dead and alive is the ability to express Universal Intelligence through Matter by the Force. “May the Force be with YOU”, because if it’s not, you’re DEAD.)
16. Intelligence in both Organic and Inorganic Matter… Universal Intelligence gives Force to both Organic and Inorganic Matter. (Everything from YOU, to tree that gives you shade has Universal Intelligence.)
17. Cause and Effect… Every Effect has a Cause and every Cause has Effects. (Failure to express Life (effect) is caused only by Subluxation (cause). Chiropractors removes Subluxation in order to restore LIFE. Subluxation (effect) is caused by Emotional, Chemical, and Physical Stress (cause). Removal of the Subluxation then must be followed by Adjusting the cause.)
18. Evidence of Life… The signs of Life are evidence of the Intelligence of Life. (Life the motion of trees are evidence of wind, motion of matter is evidence of Universal Intelligence. If a tree falls and it not longer blows in the wind, it doesn’t mean the wind no longer exists, it just means it no longer is able to express the effects of the wind. When the human body dies it doesn’t mean there is no longer Universal Intelligence, it just means it no longer has the ability to express Intelligence through Force.)
19. Organic Matter… The material of the body of a “living thing” is organized Matter. (I would argue that all Matter, regardless of Organic or Inorganic, is Organized Matter. The difference is that we as humans, and other living creatures, have a unique ability to express Universal Intelligence through a Universal Force.)
20. Innate Intelligence… A “living thing” has an inborn Intelligence within it’s body, called Innate Intelligence. (Internal expression of universal intelligence and maintains LIFE.)
21. The Mission of Innate Intelligence… The Mission of Innate Intelligence is to maintain the material of the body of a “living thing” in active organization. (When innate Intelligence is reduced due to Subluxation, disorganization begins and a breakdown of matter occurs. In other words, the body becomes diseased and malfunctions, and if left uncorrected, death will occur.)
22. The Amount of Innate Intelligence… There is 100% of Innate Intelligence in every “living thing”, the requisite amount, proportional to it’s organization. (As the individual becomes less and less organized due to Subluxation, proportionately innate Intelligence is expressed at less than 100% until the system fails and death occurs.)
23. The Function of Innate Intelligence… The function of Innate Intelligence is to adapt Universal Forces and Matter for use in the body, so that all parts of the body will have coordinated action for mutual benefit.(When innate intelligence is allowed to be expressed at 100%, the body functions in harmony and the individual is able to live without disease. When Subluxations reduce the expression of innate intelligence, the body begins to function out of harmony and without “ease”.)
24. The Limits of Adaptation… Innate Intelligence adapts Forces and Matter for the body as long as it can do so without breaking a Universal Law, or Innate Intelligence is limited by the limitations of Matter. (The body has an amazing ability to adapt to it’s environment. Innate Intelligence allows the body to adapt according to the environment. When limitations of Matter occur, which are considered Subluxations, innate intelligence’s ability to accommodate is reduced and disease builds.)
25. The Character of Innate Forces… The forces of Innate Intelligence never injure or destroy the structures in which they work. (The only thing that can destroy Matter is the lack of Innate Intelligence. Disease occurs when Innate Intelligence is interfered with. The job of the Chiropractor is to remove the interference and allow innate intelligence to flow from Above-Down-Inside-Out.)
26. Comparison of Universal and Innate Forces… In order to carry on the Universal cycle of LIFE, Universal Forces are destructive, and Innate Forces constructive, as regards structural Matter. (innate intelligence is designed to create and construct order in the body. Anything other than 100% innate intelligence leads to destructive behavior and results.)
27. The Normality of Innate Intelligence… Innate Intelligence is always normal and it’s function is always normal. (If Matter suffers from dysfunction, it’s because of a lack of innate intelligence rather than caused by innate intelligence. The Chiropractor removes the interference allowing the body to innately restore normal function.)
28. The Conductors of Innate Forces… The Forces of Innate Intelligence operates through or over the nervous system in animal bodies. (innate intelligence acts through the brain, spinal cord, and nerve roots and supply every cell of the body with LIFE. Subluxation causes interference of the flow of LIFE through the nervous system and consequently a loss of innate intelligence Intelligence to the end tissue.)
29. Interference with Transmission of Innate Forces… There can be interference with the Transmission of Innate Forces. (It’s a good thing, because that’s what Chiropractic is all about. The Subluxation. Chiropractors have the only tool that can free the body from interference and allow innate intelligence to flow from ADIO. It’s called an ADJUSTMENT.)
30. The Cause of Dis-Ease… Interference with the transmission of Innate Forces causes In-coordination and Dis-Ease. (Interference = Subluxation)
THE CHIROPRACTIC PRINCIPLES
31. Subluxations… Interference with transmission in the body is always directly or indirectly due to Subluxations in the Spinal Column.(Subluxations directly impede the transmission of innate intelligence through the nervous system. “Indirectly due to Subluxations” leads me to believe there are other factors that interfere with the transmission such as severe trauma or abnormal development.)
32. The Principle of Coordination… Coordination is the Principle of Harmonious Action of all the parts of an organism, in fulfilling their offices and purposes. (When “Coordination” occurs, all functions are working Harmoniously together. Allowing the purpose of Matter to fully express itself.)
33. The Law of Demand and Supply… The Law of Demand and Supply is existent in the body in it’s ideal state; wherein the “clearing house” is the brain, Innate the virtuous “banker”, brain cells “clerks”, and nerve cells “messengers”. (The job of the nervous system is to supply the Matter of the body with innate intelligence. The body works on a Demand and Supply basis.)
By: Paul R. Mahler JR DC